AmeriWound – Syracuse, NY
Wound Care Physician, Advanced Practice Provider – Syracuse, NY
AmeriWound is hiring Physicians and Advanced Practice Providers, of most specialties, to provide wound care services in long-term care facilities.
Whether you are looking to fill gaps in your current schedule or make a career change, this position will provide you the opportunity to enjoy an individualized practice that is financially rewarding. We have providers in 7 states and growing!
Practicing primarily, but not limited to, skilled nursing facilities (SNFs), assisted living facilities (ALFs), long-term care and rehabilitation hospitals as per the schedule provided by the respective territory Regional Manager (RM). Physician follows the weekly facility patient visit schedule coordinated by the RM, Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) and each facility.
AmeriWound’s affiliated providers are highly trained wound care professionals, who assess, diagnose, treat, monitor, and heal patient wounds. We LEAD the nation in days to healing! Our provider documentation is concise, and survey focused, meeting all facility medical standards.
Our wound certified educators train, educate, and guide our providers and client facilities on the most efficacious wound care treatments and follow up. As a result, client facilities realize improved wound healing results, improved survey scores and NTA reimbursement under PDPM.
- Uncapped W-2 earning potential, directly proportionate to provider availability, EMR documentation, number of patient encounters per month, number of facilities covered, etc.
- Instruments provided by AmeriWound, such as, debridement kits & hurricane spray.
- Wound Care/Treatment nurse to round with at each facility.
- Company laptop provided w/ EMR Aprima.
- Malpractice provided for both full and part-time providers.
- Mileage reimbursement based on standard IRS guidelines.
- We serve as your office and administration so you can spend more time with your family!
- Round weekly at assigned facilities within territory.
- Diagnose patient conditions via physical examination and/or telemedicine.
- Physical Demands: Standing and walking for long periods of time, bending, kneeling, proximal and distal dexterity, lifting, carrying, pushing, or pulling up to 50 lbs.
- Perform medical procedures i.e., debridement as necessary.
- Communicate and collaborate on findings and treatments with facility clinical staff.
- Communicate information to patients regarding diagnosis and treatment goals.
- Document each patient encounter in EMR – APRIMA and maintain patient medical records on company assigned laptop computer.
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities as necessary.
- MD, DO, PA, CRNP.
- Board Certified/Board Eligible.
- Active, unrestricted state medical license.
- DEA license.
- Valid driver license.
- Ability to build and maintain rapport with facility staff and patients.
- We require a high degree of technical skill utilizing software, including proficiency documenting EMR w/ strong attention to detail.
Projected compensation $18,000-$20,000+ monthly for full-time.
Monthly compensation is variable per provider per territory, directly dependent on provider’s availability, patient volume and documentation for reimbursement.
AmeriWound provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
AmeriWound is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com